Gran Trak 10
|Gran Trak 10|
|Arcade system(s)||Discrete Logic|
ROMs/PROMs used and now dumped.
First car race game, first gear and pedal?
Discrete logic - PCB is the same as Trak 10 and virtually the same as Formula K with the exception of revision differences and the substitution of custom ASICs to replace the steering/Speed/Audio discretes. One PROM (74186 @ K5) on the PCB contains the track graphics, there are two types of track layouts contained in each PROM, the selection of which is determined by wiring on the game PCB. The different names the game was marketed under determined the track PROM (1 or 2) and how it was wired. The PROM is shared on Gran Trak 10 and Trak 10 at least, possibly on Trak 20/Gran Trak 20 as well.
Atari's codename for this game was: Race Track.
Seen also 07/24/1974 and 08/21/1974 as dates for this.
PCB: A000872. (RTE, RTF, RTK) (Revisions: Rev. E, F, K...).
ROM: #74186 Racetrack Prom (K5). (Electronic Arrays EA4800 16K (2048 x 8) Read Only Memory (ROM)).
Manuals: TM-003 GRAN TRAK 10, Operating and Maintenance Manual; TM-005 GRAN TRAK 10/TRAK 10, Service Information (PCB Logic); TM-029 - Atari -- Kurz-Kasch, Inc. Computer Games Operators Handbook. 1974. Covers Pong, Pong Doubles, Space Race, Quadrapong, Superpong, Gotcha, Color Gotcha, Rebound, World Cup, Gran Trak 10. 113 pages.
andys-arcade has Gran Trak 10 Atari TM-003 manual.
- Gran Trak 10 at Arcade-History.
- Gran Trak 10 at archive.org.
- Gran Trak 10 mention in "A Complete History of Breakout" at Classic Gaming (archive).
- Gran Trak 10 mention in effectively the same article as "A Complete History of Breakout" at Atari Gaming Headquarters.
- Gran Trak 10 at Discrete Logistics.
- Gran Trak 10 repair log at edfries blog.
- Gran Trak 10 at Flyer Fever.
- Gran Trak 10 at KLOV.
- Gran Trak 10 at mobygames.
- Gran Trak 10 at System 16.
- Gran Trak 10 at TAFA.
- Gran Trak 10 repair log at Wolfgangrobel.de.
- Gran Trak 10 at YouTube.